Change search
ReferencesLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Utbildningsnivån hos livsmedelsföretagare: - en studie i Tingsryds kommun
Umeå University, Faculty of Science and Technology, Ecology and Environmental Science.
2008 (Swedish)Independent thesis Advanced level (degree of Master (One Year)), 20 credits / 30 HE creditsStudent thesis
Abstract [en]

This project assesses the level of education food business operators in the municipality of Tingsryd have and whether they have knowledge in the basic conditions of food hygiene. The investigation was carried out through inspections and the selection was approved establishments not under the municipality's own management. The starting point of the investigation was education as presented in the check list of The National Food Administration with support of its document "Hjälpreda till detaljhandel". These state that there should be a routine for education, documentation of completed education and knowledge about the routines of the operations among the staff. Assessments of the routines and the documentation concerning education were based on evaluation criteria in "Hjälpreda till detaljhandel". Staff knowledge concerning routines was investigated by a knowledge test with mixed questions of the basic conditions in food hygiene. The results indicate a relatively low level of education among the food business operators in Tingsryd. Of 50 investigated operators only seven (14%) received a score ‘without remark' as it concerned education, and the remaining 43 operators (86%) failed. A written routine for education could be shown by half of the operators. Documentation of accomplished education could be shown by 28 operators (56%). Of those who took the knowledge test 13 (26%) were estimated to have passed the test without remark. Taking the results in the knowledge test as a starting point the major part of the food business operators in Tingsryd lack knowledge concerning the basis of assessing food hygiene. The education level among the food business operators can mainly be improved by introducing concrete and detailed routines for education that are followed by regular education opportunities. As a result of the deficient knowledge concerning food hygiene and the low education level among operators it is now planned for a local coordinated education for those who would like to strengthen and renew their knowledge concerning food hygiene.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2008. , 45 p.
Keyword [en]
food business operators, food hygiene, level of education. base of assessment in food hygiene
National Category
Natural Sciences
URN: urn:nbn:se:umu:diva-31654OAI: diva2:293702

Available from: 2010-02-12 Created: 2010-02-12 Last updated: 2010-02-12Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

No full text

By organisation
Ecology and Environmental Science
Natural Sciences

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar
The number of downloads is the sum of all downloads of full texts. It may include eg previous versions that are now no longer available

Total: 10 hits
ReferencesLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link