Mätning av mobila datanät i Arvidsjaur
Independent thesis Basic level (university diploma), 10 credits / 15 HE creditsStudent thesisAlternative title
Test of mobile broadband in Arvidsjaur (English)
This report presents the results of the tests of data rate and signal strength that I have conducted. The tests have been performed in the municipality of Arvidsjaur, Sweden. The report also contains the conclusions I have drawn from the results as well as an introduction to radio and the technology used in the nets that have been tested
The equipment used is:
- LG G2 cellphone used to test Telias 3G
- Huawei b593s-22 3G/4G router used to test Tele2s 3G/4G
- Mobile Broadband Gateway R-90 used to test Net1s CDMA
The data rate has been tested with bredbandskollen (www.bredbandskollen.se). The signal strength(RSSI) has been read in the configuration menu of the broadband routers as well as in the cellphone.
The conclussions drawn:
- Net1s net appears to be more used compared to its capacity than the other nets
- Tele2s net has a high and even data rate where it’s signal strength is sufficient. The net appears to have a lowest usage compared to it’s capacity amonst the nets in the survey.
- Telias net has large variations in data rate over time but its data rate is not as affected by the Easter holliday as Net1s net is.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
Engineering and Technology
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:umu:diva-91613OAI: oai:DiVA.org:umu-91613DiVA: diva2:737441
Subject / course
University Programme in Computer Networks and Communication Technology
Olofsson, Jan-Åke, Universitetsadjunkt
Byström, Stig, Universitetsadjunkt